Work and Holiday VISA 462/417

The Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462,417) is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.

It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible partner countries.

If you have completed specified subclass 462 work in northern Australia in tourism and hospitality or agriculture, forestry and fishing you can apply for a second Work and Holiday visa

Working in Australia – six months with one employer: You can generally only work six months with one employer.




  • Are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age

  • Don’t have a dependent child with you at any time during your stay in Australia

  • Have a valid passport from eligible counties

  • Haven’t applied visa 462 before

  • Provide financial evidence ($5000 AUD)


They Let You Undertake


  • Stay in Australia for 12 months

  • Work in Australia – six months with one employer

  • Study for four months at most


Contact Us

  • Contact MEA Consultancy for more information and visa options or sign up with us and one of our counselors will be in touch shortly.


Stay Up to Date On The Latest News

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Facebook