Student Guardian visa 590

This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.

To be eligible for this visa, you must:

  • Be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student;
  • Not bring family members younger than 6 years of age, except under certain circumstances;
  • Be able to provide accommodation, general welfare, and other support to the student unless you are applying for this visa with the support of the government your home country.

You must also:

  • Meet health and character requirements
  • Have enough money to support yourself, any dependants accompanying you and the student.
  • Have adequate health insurance for you and any dependants coming with you
  • Not owe any money to the Australian government or have arranged to repay any money owed
  • Only stay in Australia temporarily
  • Provide biometric information if we ask for it.

Create a better future

MEA consultancy

Providing clients with the most professional, updated information on education, immigration and career planning in Australia

Contact Us

Your One-stop Consultancy

Migration. Education. Investment. Legal