Resident Return Visa
You will need a resident return visa if the travel facility on your current visa has expired or is about to expire and you want to travel overseas and retain your permanent residents status.
A resident visa is a travel facility for
- Current Australian permanent residents
- Some former Australian permanent residents
- Some former Australian citizen
- An Australian permanent resident
- A former permanent resident whose last permanent visa was not cancelled
- A former Australian citizen who lost or renounced your citizenship.
They let you undertake:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the travel facility is valid
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.